nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internet Y2K and Europe, South America, and Middle East

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () genesis domino org>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:55:08 +0000 (GMT)

Since dealing with Sprint starting in 1993 and through any number of
US "tier 1" providers in the US from the UK we have never had anything
but poor service. The frustration of trying to convince some $%**#!
in a US NOC that the telco's in the UK and Europe don't use the same
equipment / procedures / acronyms as they do is usually the first
hurdle. Getting someone to understand how to call an overseas number
is the second. Reminding the same person that London is *not* in the
US is the third. The list goes on.

A year ago I would have agreed, but from certain providers we
see them proactivly trying to be european and have euro noc's
that deal with your issues.

--
Neil J. McRae - Alive and Kicking.
neil () DOMINO ORG