nanog mailing list archives

Re: ORBS block

From: woods () most weird com (Greg A. Woods)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:29:22 -0500 (EST)

[ On Friday, December 17, 1999 at 14:26:53 (-0800), Tim Wolfe wrote: ]
Subject: Re: ORBS block

My point, which you so adroitly ignored, was that the "upstream" is under no
obligation of any kind NOT to block ORBS from reaching you if they so
choose.  Your ONLY recourse is if you happen to be a customer of "upstream"
in which case you may be able to use your contract to embroil them in a
legal battle or you may choose just to take your business elsewhere.

Exactly.  (though first off I'd make a big stink about it to the service
department and see if they wouldn't reconsider on their own accord)

  If I
decide to block Random Company's network from access to mine, and you aren't
my customer, tough luck pal.  You can dictate my network policies when you
pry the keyboard from my cold dead fingers.

I don't disagree.

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods () acm org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods () planix com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods () weird com>