nanog mailing list archives

Re: How good is the CIX's connect?

From: Nathan Stratton <nathan () robotics net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:15:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Matt Hempel wrote:

I'm debating whether to buy a crossconnect to CIX's 7513 and use it for
UUNet traffic.  I tried pushing 701 through the shared FDDI and it
crawled, but that could have been the FDDI.

Well I have a @Home connection right now in PA and everything going to 701
is via CIX. Some days it is ok, but the connection sucks most days.

Does anybody have any good experience with routing through CIX?  I noticed
one of my transit providers is using it for UUNet.  Does anybody know
UUNet's connection to the router and how saturated it already is?

I did a few years ago to get to sprint, but to answer your question, yes,
UUNets connection is saturated.

--matt hempel