nanog mailing list archives

Re: OUTAGE: multiple outages around the country

From: Robert Mathews-ICICX <mathews () hawaii edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:40:59 -1000

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:00:06 -1000
From: Sean Donelan <SEAN () SDG DRA COM>
To: nanog () merit edu
Subject: Re: OUTAGE: multiple outages around the country

                      [......]

I've now also received a report of a Texas fiber cut (frontier or als)
and outages in Deleware, Ohio, Maryland, Michigan, New York,
Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia (mci or worldcom).  It still
isn't clear if there is one or more than one cut in the northeast.

I'm also not sure where the Tennessee and Florida outages are
originating, or if they are connected with the ones mentioned above.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Very Briefly... thought that I would interject/contribute a tid-bit
on outages elsewhere -- than what seems to be known.

A cable was severed in Honolulu also today, that took out 90+ strands of
fiber. Time-Warner Telecom, DREN Traffic Flow and Connectivity to
I2/Abilene were aamong those effected.  I have no follow-up to provide you
now on this..

Best.