nanog mailing list archives

Re: wallstreet.com goes for $1.03M

From: Hank Nussbacher <hank () ibm net il>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 14:04:12 +0200

At 16:28 24/04/99 -0700, Ehud Gavron wrote:
Hank, I'm afraid I can't see "Joel Snyder" anywhere in there, nor
listed as owner, nor related in any way to this.

I'm sure Joel (if he wasn't out vacationing in Napa Valley) would
have beat me to it... but please don't involve him in what he's
not involved.

Sorry.  I found Joel's name on http://www.aces.com/aces/staff/staff.html
and assumed he was involved based on the article at CNET:
http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,34829,00.html?owv which lists ACES
specifically.  Apologies.   -Hank

Ehud
p.s. I have as much moral high ground as you like.  The domain was
    legitimately registered in 1994, paid for, used, and sold.
    If that's in some way immoral, you're on your own bible, bud.

http://www.wired.com/news/news/email/explode-infobeat/business/story/19285.h
tml

Why is this interesting?  Names listed as owners are Ehud Gavron and Joel
Synder (both from NANOG).  I am happy for the 2 of you but something
doesn't sit right with me if NANOG as a group always tries to assume the
moral high ground on network and specifically, Internic issues.

Oh well, wish it was me!
-Hank