nanog mailing list archives

Re: IRRs

From: Alex Bligh <amb () gxn net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:40:09 +0200

Sean,

SEAN () SDG DRA COM said:
The lack of correct current routing registry information for the IRS
web site doesn't seem to have hurt its connectivity.  Other the other
hand,

Of course not. My point was about transits filtering *customers* by
IRR If transits are only filtering their *customers*
not their peers by IRR, connectivity will only be affected
if the IRS's *upstream* uses the IRR. AS701 does not use the IRR
AFAIR.

Also those who filter *peers* by IRR normally only filter smaller
peers, it would seem. I know of noone who filters AS701 by IRR.

--
Alex Bligh
GX Networks (formerly Xara Networks)