nanog mailing list archives

not so (was) Re: Domain fees to rise...

From: Gordon Cook <cook () cookreport com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 09:42:27 -0400

Did anyone actually read the article that rodney cited?  I did read it and
saw *NO* statement in it that fees actually were being increased.

It appears that the government has received permission to raise the
domain fees back to $50.

permission is one thing doing it is quite another.

Must be irritating for a foreign entity to be forced to pay a US tax for
an international resource. Wasn't there something like this that created
an uproar in Boston Harbor?

Well here is a happy foreign entity. I have even more reason now to
point customers at our national registry which has working whois, working
automatable registration, working redelegation, working (almost) billing
etc. etc....

(with hat as per .sig)

--
Alex Bligh
GX Networks (formerly Xara Networks)

The COOK Report on Internet            New Special Report: Building Internet
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  Infrastructure ($395) available. See
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           http://www.cookreport.com/building.html
cook () cookreport com                    Index to 6 years of COOK Report, how to
subscribe, exec summaries, special reports, gloss at http://www.cookreport.com