nanog mailing list archives

Re: Exodus (last post)

From: Jeff Mcadams <jeffm () iglou com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 08:01:25 -0400 (EDT)

Thus spake I Am Not An Isp
IANAL, but if they can prove anything he asserted as factual is not true -
and he knew that when he posted - can't they sue him in civil court?  Or
something like that?

Takes more than that.  They have to prove that what he said was untrue,
and they have to prove damages from that statement (*very* hard to
prove).  In addition to these two, I *think*, they have to prove that he
said it *knowing* that it was untrue, and that he said untrue things
with the intent to cause harm/damage.

As with most others posting on this topic.  I'm not a lawyer either.  :)
--
Jeff McAdams                            Email: jeffm () iglou com
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848