nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 19:28:20 -0400

On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 04:22:21AM -0400, Barry Shein wrote:

In high school some upper-class students would sell incoming freshman
swimming pool passes. Unfortunately, our high school had no swimming
pool. But I guess if they paid for them they were "legitimate" pool
passes.

If the Tongan government were taking payments for domains that were
subsequently never registered, you'd have a point.

for the .to TLD? Such as serving the Kingdom of Tonga or entities
organized in the Kingdom of Tonga in any way? Or is it just rogue?

Would you even be raising these questions if someone using a .TO domain
hadn't forged a std.com address?

--

Anyone who spams me will be subject to torture by Jake,
my killer attack hedgehog, and/or Lizzy and Junior, my man-eating iguanas.