nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is it time for an disruption analysis working group for the Internet?

From: Pete Kruckenberg <pete () kruckenberg com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 02:04:54 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Sean Donelan wrote:

Have we reached a critical mass of multi-provider disruptions to make
it possible to do something yet?

Most networked industries have some group which collects and analyzes
information about disruptions.  What's interesting is how often similar
disruptions had precursor events across multiple different service
providers. For example, there have been several cases in the last few
[...]

How is this handled in other networked industries? I'm sure that the same
issues of proprietary information and public humliation exist there; how
do they deal with it?

Pete.