nanog mailing list archives

UUNet outage

From: Joe Shaw <jshaw () insync net>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 11:46:36 -0600 (CST)

UUNet is currently experiencing a major routing outage and they have
senior backbone engineers working on it.  I thought it was funny that it
wasn't in the recorded list of known network outages yet it's still an
outage that they know about.  Jeez.  Anyway, we had several BGP sessions
terminated here in our Houston POP and the UUNet tech believed it was in
connection with the routing oddness they are trying to fix.  So, if your
UUNet connection is sucking wind, this may be the reason.

Regards,
Joseph Shaw        - jshaw () insync net
NetAdmin/Security  - Insync Internet Services
Free UNIX advocate - "I hack, therefore I am."