nanog mailing list archives

Re: Wrong /24 Announcement at UU.net / BGP IOS Bug ?

From: Winfried Haug <haug () seicom net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 13:21:48 +0200 (CEST)

theyx have to change all filters, when a new customer is coming in. Do you see a new
customer onFFM1 or FFM2 the last weeks ? (probably)
dont know. we are no customer of uunet. We have been there (via our former
upstream for nearly 2 years) and we know, why we left...
We had one complete routing desaster per month leading in a nearly complete
loss of connectivity for all uunet customers in ffm....

right. the idea is to call worldcom (i think you/they  get the service from them)

and as far i know we probably switch away from uunet in the future for just this reasons

e.g. it does not make many sense when misannouncements happen)
yes, that why i stated, that i dont think that this is wanted by uunet,
but shows what could happen :-)

got germany traffic over a internation link and paid for this. Whom did
they pay ? right uunet.... i think this wasnt a wanted effect currently
but it shows what could happen and who gets money for these mistakes.

and both sides have to pay !!!
yes, but uunet has more lines, more money etc... they need not to care
for this..

put a "teergrube" on all their networks... (for non-german, teergrube is a spam filter
wholet the ports open till 5 -6 hours to track spam)
:-)
    without response...

vinny: it's weekend - so not many people work only the 24/7 staff - and they are mostly
quite busy doing weird things..

the problem is open for 48 hours now, without response... if i would be a
uunet customer with a e1 breaking down, must i also wait more than 48 hours
for a response... and they have 24*7 and they are doing crazy things
within a netblock they dont administrate...

Winni

--

Winfried Haug    |        seicom.NET & SCHWABEN.DE       | Tel. +49 7121 9770- 0
Laiblinsplatz 12 |   Internet+ISDN access & consulting   | Fax. +49 7121 9770-19