nanog mailing list archives

Re: Authoratative Nameserver Info

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () inorganic5 fdt net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 10:20:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Raymond Curci wrote:

     I recently migrated a DNS server with many domains and found
out an undocumented command.  If you first find out the NIC handle
for your DNS server, use the whois interface's server command to
locate domains with NS records pointing to your server.
Here is an example to locate domains with NS records pointing at
my server, CNTFL.COM:

I've been doing that for some time...trouble is, we're listed as
authoratative for probably a thousand domains or more.

yoda:~$ whois "server KASHM-HST"
[rs.internic.net]
Aborting search 256 records found .....

 Jon Lewis <jlewis () fdt net>  |  I guess only the first 256 are
 Network Administrator       |  important :)
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |