nanog mailing list archives

RE: Asymmetric routing with tunnel.

From: brandon () rd bbc co uk (BrandonButterworth)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 00:37:02 +0100

We are using a 45M satellite circuit operating from Teleglobe
to Telstra. The circuit is configured as a unidirectional
circuit with no direct return path.
The circuit is now operating in production mode successfully.

Perhaps this is why we've suddenly had a rash of .au users
complaining that they can no longer reach www.bbc.co.uk

The work was undertaken with the support of Telstra, Teleglobe
and Intelsat.

Our UK ISP did say Teleglobe were advertising a
lot of addresses from their global network at the UK LINX.

Brandon
--
Brandon Butterworth         phone: 01737 836592
BBC Research & Development  fax:   01737 832336