nanog mailing list archives

Re: small vent (JP)

From: Peter Evans <peter () gol ad jp>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:00:57 +0900

Paul Mansfield (paulm () uk psi com) wrote:

        [snip]

        Oh, I hate stepping in on this sort of argument.

Agreed that a lot of open relays seem to exist in JP... and there
are significant numbers in Europe as suggested. The time zone and language
differences are going to be a big PITA in terms of getting the problems sorted
quickly. In Japan, they seem to think <postmaster> is optional!!!

        If you have problems with a JP domain, send it to me and I will
        see who I can push, shove or generally embarrass in a public forum
        in the appropriate language.

        The address to send such complaints to will be "abuse () gol ad jp", the
        usual abuse rules apply, please don't expect personalised responses.

        <postmaster> is clearly optional, because reading RFCs is too. ^_^;
        More often than not, there is an auto responder there because there
        is no postmaster. (I kid you not.)

        Getting providers here to institute <abuse> and or even take any
        sort of measures against spamming by their own users is an uphill
        task.

        Peter
        ----(
        Postie, Abuse Dept and all-round dogsbody, @gol.com