nanog mailing list archives

Re: transparent caching....

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () wisdom rc vix com>
Date: 26 Jun 1998 17:22:45 -0700

mo () UU NET (Mike O'Dell) writes:

I've been talking myself blue in the face for some time now
trying to convince the never-ending parade of would-be
cache builders that busting a gut to be "completely
transparent" was simply not worth the effort because i was
convinced it would turn out to be a bug and not a feature,
especially when people had to troubleshoot problems.

I have come to agree with this, in the large.  But it was and
remains an interesting technical problem, and I feel strongly
and proudly that our box was the only one that got it *right*.
--
Paul Vixie
La Honda, CA                    "Many NANOG members have been around