nanog mailing list archives

Re: RBL Update (Re: Lets go vixie!! rbl)

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () inorganic5 fdt net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 00:31:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Steve Sobol wrote:

I would have to agree with this, but I would say that the caveat is that
the ISP should notify the customer (somewhere, anywhere) that they use the
RBL (or at least that the ISP reserves the right to block domains and/or

The agreement Paul Vixie makes RBL users sign states that EXPLICITLY.
You are not allowed to use the RBL unless you disclose such use fully to
your customers and/or downstreams.

The agreement explicitly says nothing of the sort.  At least not the one I
signed.  Did you look at the one you signed?  Did you sign one?

fdt-gw#The agreement Paul Vixie makes RBL users sign states that EXPLICITLY
        ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Can we please argue about the merits/evils of the RBL elsewhere?

 Jon Lewis <jlewis () fdt net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.