nanog mailing list archives

Re: gated

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () shell nacs net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 23:39:31 -0400

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 11:16:32PM -0700, Paul Vixie wrote:

but you know what?  i'm flattered.  all that hype about how commercial
grade code can only come from strong engineering companies with good
funding, real management, and so on -- and there's my code at the heart
of a couple of products i won't mention here, with my name ripped out.
seeing my code used in this way just tells me that i don't charge enough
when i'm out consulting.

Well... let's face facts here, you are involved and have been involved
for a long time in the development of software that is instrumental in the
operation of the Internet. It does not surprise me at all that what you
speak of is happening.

and also for the record, we're commercializing BIND since i'm no longer
able to fund it out of my own pocket (my pocket is now empty) and we
ended up not getting the kind of donations we needed as a nonprofit.

Does this mean the ISC is going away?

pacbell!vixie!paul

Wow. I didn't think people still listed bangpaths as e-mail addresses.

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,