nanog mailing list archives

Re: WorldNIC

From: "Roeland M.J. Meyer" <rmeyer () mhsc com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 22:36:08 -0700

At 12:59 AM 6/12/98 -0400, Dean Robb wrote:
At 11:31 6/12/98 +0900, you wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Dean Robb wrote:

Let's remember for a moment that not all net.users are net.savvy.  I think
the TLDs SHOULD have a logical category structure.  If I'm trying to find
an educational institution, I'd expect to find it in the .edu TLD, a
commercial organization in .com, etc.  As I recall, that's the entire
purpose in naming the TLDs as they are.

Let's remember that not all net.users and net.resources are located in
north.america. And that not all net.names are registered with the
same.nic. I think its time you opened your eyes a.bit.

Eyes open just fine.  Even here, there's no reason one cannot register as a
.us domain.  However, the question arises...what has your comment got to do
with the correct use of TLDs?

Hey Dean,

How're things on SPAM-L?

WRT, DOMAINS, I suggest that you join DOMAIN-POLICY. We've been hashing
this stuff out for months already. Already been to, and left, where you're
just getting to, here.

Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:rmeyer () mhsc com>rmeyer () mhsc com
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/
SecureMail from MHSC.NET is coming soon!