nanog mailing list archives

Re: IS-IS or OSPF as BGP IGP

From: Paul Ferguson <ferguson () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 18:50:28 -0400

My recommendation is not to redistribute BGP into
any IGP at all. I personally consider that to be
a very dangerous thing to do.

- paul

At 06:26 PM 7/17/98 -0400, Martin, Christian wrote:

All,

Does anyone have any information on redistributing BGP traffic into OSPF
versus ISIS?  What about just carrying IBGP sessions?  My OSPF database
is growing, and I'd rather not carry LSAs with BGP routes as well as
private routes, etc.  Too messy.  By introducing ISIS and using it only
as a BGP IGP, what can I expect?  Experiences with Cisco gear preffered.

-Christian