nanog mailing list archives

Re: NOC communications

From: Dean Robb <pceasy () norfolk infi net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:59:34 -0400

At 00:45 7/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 02:17:18PM -0700, Michael Dillon wrote:
Yeah, right.

   Dear Sprint, Vab is gone.  Since you have not updated your contact
   information in a prompt fashion, your AS numbers will be withdrawn
   at Midnight.  Have a nice day.

This *WILL* be happening in the near future. Not maintaining up to date
contact info is tantamount to aiding and abetting DoS attacks. It won't be
long now before there is some government scrutiny of operational practices
which are related to finding and fixing failures fast.

I'd love to see some proof of this...

So would I, since I've been agitating for it since ARIN came into
existance.  I even posted a proposal here a couple of months back that met
with some derision and lots of reasons why it can't happen (and one in
which my opinion carried no weight since I didn't have a membership).

Maybe if ARIN can do it, InterNIC can, too.  Then again...if InterNIC
continues in their current fashion, maybe it'll hurt them in the coming
registration wars...

Spammers:  more disgusting than roaches.

Dean Robb
PC-EASY computer services
(757) 495-EASY [3279]