nanog mailing list archives

Re: Aside: ability to view ASP/ColdFusion code

From: "Andrew Staples" <andrews () ltinet net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:56:27 -0700

This applies as well to perl and cgi scripts (cgi in iis3.0)

For example:
http://www.activestate.com/lyris/lyris.pl::$DATA

MS hasn't fixed their own site (heh), but they promise a fix today.
http://www.microsoft.com/default.asp::$DATA

In the meantime, Christoph Wille <Christoph.Wille () softwing com> from Sofwing
has graciously
made available an IIS ISAPI filter that will protect a site from the ::$DATA
vulnerability. You can find it at
http://www.softwing.com/iisdev/ddatafix/

Andrew