nanog mailing list archives

Re: 100Mbit ISDN solution

From: Mark Borchers <markb () infi net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:39:37 -0500 (EST)

When faced with a similar request recently, I found nothing
in the low-end market that had a 100BT interface.

You can get one on a Cisco 36xx router.

Or for less money, run from your Pipeline into a switch that has
at least one each 10BT and 100BT ports.  With an ISDN link, the
10BT "bottleneck" is a moot point.

Hey guys. Ran into a problem the other day. A customer of mine has a
100Mbit network, with 100Mbit hubs. They want ISDN access, so they hook a
Pipeline 50 to their hub, dial it up, connect to the internet. But, hey
nothing on the network can see it. Doh! I didnt think about the little
10Mbit into 100Mbit hub problem. I called Ascend and they said they do not
have a router than can do 100Mbit yet, does anyone here know of an ISDN
router that will support 100Mbit, or some kind of AUI transceiver that may
go 10 to 100? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Luke