nanog mailing list archives

Re: MTU of the Internet?

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () scfn thpl lib fl us>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:06:37 -0500

On Fri, Feb 06, 1998 at 10:17:03AM -0600, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
I'm sure we'd all like to see a reference implementation of your
ideas.  Keep in mind that one of the primary features of PMTUD is that
it requires no modifications to any hosts or routers, and that it uses
only one protocol (ICMP) which is required to be implemented on all
hosts.

But, practically, is _not_, completely, right now; wasn't this the
complaint I heard?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com