nanog mailing list archives

Re: [whoisdatabase () hotmail com: Re: Network Solutions Lists] (fwd)

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cp net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 12:12:14 -0800

On 12/12/98, "James D. Wilson" <netsurf () sersol com> wrote:

Makes you wonder if the guy who was going to sell the CD's of the
whois database might have had some of them make it to market, either
before or after they shut down.

        There are other folks selling that database also, but they
        aren't quite as blatant about it.

Didn't NetSol say they took measures
to keep people from sequentially mining the database?

        They said they did.  I haven't tried mining it to check.

--
J.D. Falk <jdfalk () cp net>                      "Smoke me a kipper, boys,
Special Agent In Charge (Abuse Issues)          I'll be back by breakfast."