nanog mailing list archives

Re: SMURF amplifier block list

From: Karl Denninger <karl () mcs net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 00:07:31 -0500

On Sat, Apr 11, 1998 at 04:53:06PM -0400, Al Reuben wrote:

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

The following networks and masks are banned from our network at the core due
to being smurf amplifiers.

I'm going to start posting the blacklist here weekly in the hopes that peer

Posting it here weekly only provides a mechanism for the littele fsckers
that smurf to gain an up to date list of sites to bounce from.

And you think they don't already HAVE the list?

Where do you think WE got it from?  From people smurfing us!

The vandals ALREADY HAVE the list.  I know this because we were attacked
from each of those networks at least once.

--
--
Karl Denninger (karl () MCS Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin