nanog mailing list archives

Re: too many routes

From: "Sean M. Doran" <smd () clock org>
Date: 12 Sep 1997 00:15:20 -0400

"Kent W. England" <kwe () geo net> writes:

But you didn't actually do it then.

Ok, true.

And the reason they started noticing it later was because
only then did you actually implement the filters, without
further notice, instead of much earlier. The surprise was
due to the fact that you did it without further notice
and not the fact that you did it.

Hey, people should take notes when I rant.

However you're right and as I said a long time ago it
probably would have been helpful to try to coordinate
things a little better.

On the other hand, the unilateral action completely
eliminated any argument that there was collusion between
Sprint, MCI and the rest, which maybe was a good thing at
the time.

That people still yell about this is sort-of funny.
Do you think people would be screaming less about
allocation policies if I had been doing a count-down
between the final warning and the actual implementation?
(That's an actual question with obvious future operational
impact rather than a rhetorical point.  Really.)

        Sean.