nanog mailing list archives

Re: uunet + ans == ??

From: Sanjay Dani <sanjay () professionals com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 23:59:07 -0700

Josh Beck wrote:

As a Web services provider we are already seeing AS701 as the
biggest consumer of our customer contents. Anyone care to share

sure, AS701 may do the most traffic, but when the most traffic is ~7%,

We obviously have different applications. More than half our hosting
clients are overseas businesses, most our traffic is outbound, and
almost
40% of content consumers look like they are behind uunet. Our traffic
is perhaps less localized, and more of it exchanged with a fewer number
of
larger, global providers, compared with yours.  Naturally it is a cause
for concern when most content consumers are moving behind one provider.

I apologize for perpetuating this increasingly irrelevant thread on
this list. Will stop here. Thanks all for the private and public
feedback. I now realize that many providers are bound by non-disclosures
to not share their traffic distribution. And our traffic distribution
may be more unusual due to the specialized business we are in than
I had thought.

Regards,
Sanjay.