nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spammer web harvesting tool countermeasures

From: Deepak Jain <deepak () jain com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:27:03 -0500 (EST)

I didn't download it, but I looked at the first page. I figured that if
it relied on someone setting up robots.txt correctly, there would be a
lot of people who don't do it correctly and we'll see installations of
the thing slow down search engines w/o good controls. Auto Meta Tags would
certainly help, except the next generation web scrapers will be set to
ignore them too.

-Deepak.