nanog mailing list archives

Re: MAE-East Down better than up?

From: "Alec H. Peterson" <ahp () hilander com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 11:19:49 -0400

On Sat, Oct 11, 1997 at 03:51:51PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
I'm sitting here with most of my MAE-East peers down, expecting chaos
and packet loss everywhere. However, generally speaking the world seems
to be performing far better than with it up. I can reach Microsoft with
no packet loss. When MAE-East was up, record was 75% packet loss ("that's
normal" was the response). I'd figured all the other IXPs would be
congestion hell. Not from here.

Is it just me, or is there a moral here ...

Well, it _is_ Saturday morning, which is typically a very light time
of day traffic-wise.

Alec

--
|Alec Peterson - ahp () hilander com    | Erols Internet Services, INC.        |