nanog mailing list archives

Re: 73K prefixes?

From: David Carmean <dlc () avtel net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 07:14:28 -0700

On Tue, Oct 07, 1997 at 11:32:52PM -0500, John A. Tamplin wrote:

Well, at least we know our routers can handle an additional 30k prefixes out
of this :).

How much DRAM do you have installed?  Three views on a 7206 with 64MB,
and BGP started crashing due to mallocfails at about 0045 UTC.

Guess it's time to look up smd's filters in the archives.

--
David Carmean                                           <dlc () avtel net>
Avtel Communications, Santa Barbara, CA                 +1-805-730-7740

                "Are you now, or have you ever been?"
                                                --George Lucas, THX-1138