nanog mailing list archives

Re: AGIS, IEMMC Halt Bulk E-Mail

From: Jim Dixon <jdd () vbc net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 20:42:46 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Mark E Larson wrote:

Well, they did say on the AGIS Network.  Can anyone tell if this is happening?
I get very few SPAM messages anymore because of filtering.

I got two messages from cyberpromo.com this morning.  Certainly the
rain of spam is if anything picking up.

provider AGIS (Apex Global Internet Services, Inc.) has challenged all
members of the Internet E-Mail Marketing Council (IEMMC) to stop
originating all bulk e-mail through the AGIS network. Under the terms

the IEMMC agreed to suspend bulk e-mail services on Sunday, May 25th,
1997.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015