nanog mailing list archives

Re: Alternic crap

From: Tim Gibson <tim () taggnet skyscape net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:11:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Ray Davis wrote:

These addresses is under my care. Eugene does NOT have access to them. They
are NOT part of the Alternic scheme anymore. They were used during the
"experimental" phase of Alternic. Before you haphazardly start blocking
addresses you should do your research completely. I've got no problems
telling my customers ..."Sorry sir, you can't reach carpe.net because
they have poor filtering practices." You'll probably find many others in
your hit list that are nolonger connected to the Alternic.

Too bad.  I don't care.  We don't need fantasy TLDs so we don't need
to talk to your nameservers.  If you aren't part of the Alternic
anymore then get your nameservers out of their phoney root.

If you want to be a jerk about my participating in an experiment, and
drag it right across nanog at the same time. Perhaps I'll just place a
call to Eugene and ask him to stick you in the root files to run a ".jerk"
TLD and then you can filter yourself. Filter me, filter the rest of the
world too! Please!

Tim Gibson