nanog mailing list archives

Re: silly tiers; treno

From: Barb Dijker <barb () coop net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 12:03:09 -0600

A sales rep doesn't need the concept of tiers to spread misinformation and
have delusions of granduer.  Here's a question I got from a potential
customer wanting  a backup link from us but needing to de-program his boss.

My bosses' major concern is that UUNet claims Sprint as one of their
customers, and he wants proof that the COOP's Sprint connection is not
traveling on the UUNet backbone. I know that we have a dedicated link to
Cheyenne, but what happens after there?

Barbara L. Dijker, Executive Director
Colorado Internet Cooperative Association
2525 Arapahoe Ave E4-280, Boulder CO 80302-6724
Voice: +1 303 443 3786, FAX: +1 303 443 5162
WWW: http://www.coop.net/