nanog mailing list archives

Re: BOOM! there goes WorldCom

From: Nathan Stratton <nathan () netrail net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 17:35:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Randy Bush wrote:

Worldcom changed the DLRs without letting us know

happens all the time.  they do that like we move customers between router
ports.

if you want to maintain path diversity, you have to continually monitor it
with your carriers.  and then you'll need to go out and physically every
once in a while.  yes, this is major major pain.

Well, I dont move customers connections without letting them know. :-)

Nathan Stratton                                President, NetRail,Inc.
Phone   (888)NetRail                           NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (404)522-1939                          230 Peachtree Suite 500
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Atlanta, GA 30303
"No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his
great strength.                                        - Psalm 33:16