nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sprint Collapsing ASes?

From: jprovo () ma ultranet com
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 06:15:52 -0400 (EDT)

"Robert A. Pickering Jr." <pickerin () fuse net> wrote:
Well, I was on vacation last week, and came back to this note from
the SprintLink NOC.  I'm surprised no one else posted this.
Perhaps we were all waiting to how well it went; the doom-n-gloomers
will undoubtably flame away no matter how smoothly this large change
gets executed.

Is there any other information?  Are they collapsing all of their
networks to a single ASN?
Yes, they're going to reflectors.  All the 'visible confederacy'
stuff is folding into 1239.

Cheers,

Joe

Afilliation for identification only, etc etc...
--
Joe Provo, Network Architect                         800.763.8111 x3006
Network Operations Center                            Fax   508.229.2375