nanog mailing list archives

Re: how to protect name servers against cache corruption

From: Ben Black <black () zen cypher net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 21:39:28 -0400 (EDT)

yes, how dare i not say a word about a problem before fixing it?  what
scum i am.

gimme a break.

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Lon R. Stockton, Jr. wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Ben Black wrote:

[...] but there is a gaping chasm between the current
system and DNSSEC that could be closed significantly with proper design.

Well, in the words of internet, fidonet, and other developers worldwide....

      Send Code <tm>

If you have "proper design" that significantly closes the holes, I'm sure
we'd all, Mr. Vixie included, appreciate your patch files which
illustrate proper design.

simply stating that until DNSSEC arrives these attacks are going to be
allowed is a copout.

Simply stating that there's a better way without Sending Code is a copout.