nanog mailing list archives

Re: It Continues...Sprint Is played the fool...

From: Peter Lothberg <roll () Stupi SE>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 97 8:33:31 MET

 - the service provider must have a written and enforcable policy
   prohibiting any of its customers from sending any traffic to
   recipients that have not requested the traffic -- including (but not
   limited to) the sending of off-topic or unsolicited mail messages to
   mailing list exploders, subsets of mailing list registrants, news
   groups, and posters to news groups (termed "mail spamming").  The
   requirement for a response to any such unsolicited message to prevent
   future messages is unacceptable.

Um, wouldn't this very message I'm typing right this second be prohibited
under the sort of policy you suggest? Is that really what you want to do?

                                      -- John B.

I would like to se such an agreement for the use of my telephone...

--Peter