nanog mailing list archives

Re: while i'm on the subject of filtering, here's today's list of spammers

From: Paul A Vixie <paul () vix com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 09:56:06 -0800

Removing people from the cooperative portion of the Internet works fine.

They'll come on from somewhere else.  You can't block everyone, and
someone will always be willing to make a buck providing access to these
people.

And I will, I hope, always be standing by to remove those providers from
my view of the address space.  And I will make my blackhole list available,
free of charge, to anyone else who trusts my judgement in this matter.

You underestimate the power of the light side of the force.

Again, you can't block everyone.  Why you feel it necessary to impose your
social mores on the net as a whole is beyond me.

Yes, it is beyond you.  Thanks for pointing that out, it saves me time.