nanog mailing list archives

Re: F means filtered ?

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry () piermont com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 11:13:28 -0500

"Justin W. Newton" writes:
At 07:48 PM 2/16/97 -0500, Avi Freedman wrote:
It seems to me, Jim, that a reasonable person would assume that he allows
access to the services that it's supposed to provide (DNS), but reserves
the right to 'F'ilter services that are immaterial to the DNS functionality.

I think actually the question that Jim was asking is whether Paul filters
access to the root name server he runs based on his Spam Blacklist.

No.

The whole thing was started when Paul stated that he permitted a
particular root name server to be pinged and tracerouted "against his
better judgement", meaning he's pondered filtering particular classes
of traffic.

Perry