nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Vip Cards.

From: Bradley Reynolds <brad () b63695 student cwru edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 21:59:29 -0500 (EST)

I just have a quick qustion.
    I'm in the process of determining weather or not to purchase several
VIP cards and modules for a few 7513's I have at remote locations
accross the United states.  I spoke with some friends I have at cisco in
referance to known related problems with the VIP cards (according to
cisco there were close to non) but I am interested in some input from
people who are already using VIP cards on 7513's.

Thanks,
Rob

We have VIP2-40s running all over our network
with various port adapters (OC3, 8port serial etc)
and have had no problem besides flakiness when
we first implemented them.  Everything is working
well now.

brad reynolds
ber () cwru edu
brad () iagnet net