nanog mailing list archives

Re: Here we go again...

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () scfn thpl lib fl us>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 10:48:21 -0500

On Sun, Dec 28, 1997 at 01:13:21AM -0500, Steve Sobol wrote:
On Fri, Dec 26, 1997 at 07:19:06PM -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
I guess whois is broken again, at least partially...  I was hunting the
HylaFax home page, and went off to whois(1) 'tpc.int'... who aren't
listed.  There isn't something I should know, is there?

The int TLD is not handled by the InterNIC, it's handled by USC-ISI,
as revealed by a query of InterNIC's servers.

Aha!  Hadn't even thought about that...

But you can't do a whois of tpc.int using nii.isi.edu, the whois server
that you use to do whois queries on .US subdomains.

Indeed?

Perhaps you should ask ISI why they don't provide whois info, or perhaps
you can ask who does??

That would be a Bill Manning question, wouldn't it?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,