nanog mailing list archives

Re: caching at windmills (i mean exchange points)

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 97 09:14 PST

I read your proposal an have a question. I assume that your MAE-west
cache will act as a parent for the MW ISP's (otherwise, there's no data
in the cache). That means that all outbound traffic from MW is routed
through your cache, isn't it? That also means that e.g. all
transatlantic traffic will flow through your lines. Or am I missing
something?

You are not differentiating between an proxy cache and an interceptor
cache.  The NLANR cache is a proxy cache.  Clients/peers/children must
consciously point at it.

randy