nanog mailing list archives

Re: In case anyone hadn't seen this

From: Enke Chen <enkechen () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 11:42:52 -0700

The solution to this problem is filtering, which has been known for
a long time.

The provoders that have been filtering on the customer edge seem to
have done much better in terms of providing sanitized routes. I am
wondering how many such major outages need to occur in order to
convince some providers to do customer filtering?

-- Enke