nanog mailing list archives

Re: Response from Cyber Promotions (fwd)

From: "Steve Mansfield" <smm () uu net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 07:38:01 -0400 (EDT)

And in Interactive Week today, I see Cyber Promotions just signed a
three year deal with UUNet/Worldcom.  Someone was quoted as saying they
will have the capacity to "send 111 average-sized email messages per
second".

Lovely.

No no no.  Please stop spreading this rumor.  Cyberpromo signed a deal with
*Worldcom* and Worldcom alone for them to provide *circuits*, and nothing
else.  They get their connectivity from AGIS.  This is a telco deal only.