nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best way to deal with bad advertisements?

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () EASYNET NET>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 09:43:55 +0100

On Sun, 29 Sep 1996 17:37:10 +0100 (BST)
 Peter Galbavy <peter () wonderland org> alleged:

I have been informed that the new policy is being formulated and
there may be something this year.

All this means is that the big NSPs will get good connectivity to
each other and the rest of the market will have good connectivity
to each other and then the bleed over between the two "tiers".

Market forces will eventually win, but how many customers of the
"other tier" ISPs will be pissed off during this time ?

Wow, Talk about kettle pots and black. Anyway. The above sounds like
bad management to me. Spending "5M a year" for a connection that
doesn't connect to anything seems a bit insane. Maybe arranging the
peering before such a large investment would pay off a little more?

If I was spending so much on a connection I would want to ensure that I was
getting my 5M worth.

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.          E A S Y N E T  G R O U P  P L C
neil () EASYNET NET        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)