nanog mailing list archives

Re: SYN floods (was: does history repeat itself?)

From: "Dick St.Peters" <stpeters () NetHeaven com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 20:34:49 -0400

So, what does this say?  Look for more 13-year-olds causing
denial-of-service attacks for the hell of it.  It seems a lot of the
providers SYN flooders like to attack are the ones which have IRC servers,
but the flooders attack the more traditional services of those providers,
too.

My outbound filter blocks packets not from an address in my space.  Am
I wrong in thinking this is the right thing for non-transit networks
to do?

--
Dick St.Peters,       Gatekeeper, Pearly Gateway, Ballston Spa, NY
stpeters () NetHeaven com     Owner, NetHeaven 518-885-1295/800-910-6671