nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Memory.

From: Nathan Stratton <nathan () netrail net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 21:31:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Patrick Lynch wrote:

Nathan,

   I have to follow up on this comment you made.  I work for an ISP in
Indianapolis called IHETS.  We have 7 cisco 7500 series routers on our
backbone.  Wre just spent a chunck of money to upgrade the RAM on them to
64Meg.  If yoiu are saying that regular SIMMS work in Cicso routers, then I'll
shoot myself in the foot.  I'd like to know if you have used this method and

Ok, get some bullets.

how well it works out in the field.  Does latency increase with *unqualified*
Cisco memory, or is the *unqualified* *qualified* Cisco ram stuff just a big
ruse?  Thanks for your input.

Na, ram is ram. It is just like FDDI cables. I spent $250 on FDDI cables,
and then found out that I can get the exact same cable for $50 each.

Nathan Stratton           CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   sales () netrail net                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34