nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Memory.

From: Avi Freedman <freedman () netaxs com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 13:21:09 -0400 (EDT)

Nathan,

   I have to follow up on this comment you made.  I work for an ISP in
Indianapolis called IHETS.  We have 7 cisco 7500 series routers on our
backbone.  Wre just spent a chunck of money to upgrade the RAM on them to
64Meg.  If yoiu are saying that regular SIMMS work in Cicso routers, then I'll
shoot myself in the foot.  I'd like to know if you have used this method and
how well it works out in the field.  Does latency increase with *unqualified*
Cisco memory, or is the *unqualified* *qualified* Cisco ram stuff just a big
ruse?  Thanks for your input.

I'd pay attention if they disqualify memory.

But we've found that standard x36 16mb 70pin (60ns) simms work fine in
7500s.  I suspect it'd either work or not - you won't get added latency...

Avi