nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco as Big Brother (Was Re: Cisco's AIP vs HSSI)

From: Curtis Villamizar <curtis () ans net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 09:50:58 -0400

In message <2.2c.32.19961018151141.0075f550 () sc-mail1 corpwest baynetworks com>,
 Michael Fox writes:

I would definately ask my router vendor hard questions about
how quickly a fix will be released assuming I have a "network down"
condition.

Bay generally releases fixes every few weeks.  For a "network down"
situation, if releasing a workspace immediately is the right thing to do,
then that's what we do.  Who makes the call?  The customer, after receiving
input from the Bay engineering team.

Michael

Michael, Jeremy,

As a customer of Bay (maybe an atypical one), I'll vouch for Michael's
statement.  We're atypical in that we've served as the primary beta
site for the ISP version of their code.

I can't complain about Cisco support either.  Both vendors have been
willing to dedicate whatever resources they have available to fix
things when a problem required immediate action.

Curtis